I would like to see creation of a few categories for posts. This would be a great way to 1. Keep focused on neighborhood news, and 2. Allow people to read only what interests them. Of course, maintenance could be a problem, but I believe that most people would adhere to the categories if they are defined well enough. (There will always be some overlap, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.) I expect that there will be no editor, which I think is probably a good thing.
- Business News & Promotions
- Upcoming Events
- Political Topics
- Restaurant & Bar Discussions (Reviews, Comments, ...)
- Crime Reports
- Community News & Concerns
- Neighborhood History
- Housing (Looking & Offering)
- For Sale, For Trade, For Free
- Have You Seen My Pet?
- I Actually Live In NoLibs & Like To Interact With My Neighbors
- Happenings Outside of NoLibs
- General & Nonsense
This list is off of the top of my head (and not all meant to be taken seriously), but I think it is a good idea to segment the discussions since it is likely that most people wish to avoid certain topics altogether. Also it helps stimulate more discussion about the neighborhood without excluding general topics.